"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
Oscar Wilde

Monday 18 October 2010

Painting The Library







We painted my classroom...I'm very proud of my fish.

The second time I wanted the children to be involved and both Channa and Sopheap told me I should select the kids who could draw and paint but I said, no let's give them all a chance...how wrong was I. I've never been more stressed in my life. I really thought that in one hour I was going to be responsible for the wreckage and complete defacing of a once lovely classroom. Turns out some of the kids have no clue how to paint inside lines or "carefully". I couldn't turn my back on some of them and, as I was on my own, it's a miracle the classroom still looks okay...

2 comments:

  1. Painting a classroom, eh? A brave undertaking!The end result looks very attractive, despite the fact you probably felt stressed out during the process. clearly a very worthwhile project. What do the kids think? The trip to the mountain sounded wonderful. Those Buddhist temples are amazing, aren't they? Love Jane

    ReplyDelete