"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
Oscar Wilde

Monday 13 September 2010

“Sail away from the safe harbour…”

I can’t wait to “throw off the bowlines” of conventional life on Friday… Set off in the general direction of..."the unknown". My (rather small) back-pack is packed. My flowery, yellow trousers (which feel like satin and look like pyjamas) are lying out, ready to be worn…for probably the first of all one hundred and fifty days... Or at least until the holes are too big for even my trampy-style…or they’re so worn through they might be considered “provocative or revealing”… Flashing my underwear to a load of Cambodian kids probably isn’t the best idea.

I’ve got my “new-age hippie” books at the ready, all set for some kind of crazy enlightenment. My camera’s charged, my I-pod's full(ish), my bag is packed full of (prescription) drugs and Imodium, the pages of my diary are empty.

The wise (and glowing) Emily said this week; the happiest people live truly in the moment. They don’t worry about the past, or fret about the future but live and feel every second in the here and now. So Mark Twain, I don’t need to be told twice…I’m off to “explore, dream, discover” and experience every second of the next five months. You'll be able to read lots of ramblings here...I’m very excited; I think it will be a lot of fun!

Bon voyage England XX

3 comments:

  1. You are totally added to the top of my google reader. :D

    Sam
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your ramblings! have the best time!
    Kirsty
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog already! Cant wait to be part of your journey by reading all about your experiences! So exciting, live it up!

    Hema
    x

    ReplyDelete