"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
Oscar Wilde

Sunday 5 December 2010

I should just make it clear that I went to the filming of Spicks and Specks, which Michelle works on, and didn't just meet lots of semi famous/known people on the streets of Melbourne!

Now in Brisvegas things are very different. Last night we raved it up with a bag of gin and the local "Irish" bar (gin is the boxed wine all backpackers in Australia drink because it's super cheap but not exactly yummy...) I love the extremes of my life these days! I seem to go from one extreme to the other everytime I move. I left the beautiful lane bars of Melbourne for gin in the trashy "Irish" pub. (How pretenious I have become. I must remember my Maidstone roots!) It is lovely to see Lorna though!

Weather permitting I will be jumping out of a plane on Wednesday morning at 14,000 ft over Brisbane for a skydive...free fall of over one minute! So if this is the last you hear from me it's been fun, and please scatter some of my ashes in Phnom Penh (Cambodia), some in The Thames (Battersea Park), some in The Loft (Maidstone) and throw some in the face of the bouncers at Oceana (Kingston). Thanks xxx

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD ALICE!!! good luck!!! i know i owe you an email, so sorry, but just letting you know i love you loads and good luck with your sky dive!!! miss you heaps xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete